Healthy and strengthens your immune system
Salads have been always an underrated food when it comes to lure the taste buds but NOT ANYMORE!!! We have come with the best recipes of salad which won’t only keep you healthy and full but also put up with your cravings. Also, the Covid-19 situation will only be overcome by your strong immune system which will be maintained by eating healthy and in appropriate proportions. Try this easy home-made Vegan Pasta Salad to stay strong in such situations
VEGAN PASTA SALAD INGREDIENTS:
- 16 oz. pasta (rotini, penne, bow ties, elbow)
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 can sliced black olives
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 8 oz. grape or cherry tomatoes
- ½ large cucumber
- ¼ – ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 – 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar (white or red wine vinegar is great too)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (Italian seasoning or Herbs de Provence is ok too)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- generous pinch red pepper flakes
- generous pinch mineral salt and fresh cracked pepper
- juice of 1 lemon, optional
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN PASTA SALAD:
- Cook the pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain and rinse the pasta under cool running water.
- Mix the dressing, and prep the veggies and chickpeas while the pasta is cooking.
- To assemble the pasta salad, add the pasta, colorful veggies to a large serving bowl (or the pot the pasta was cooked in), pour the dressing overtop and mix well to coat.
- Serve this pasta salad at room temperature or chilled. For added flavor, add a sprinkle of Almond Parmesan before serving!
***”This is not a medical advice”***