The easiest way to cook mouth-watering Chana Masala
As an Indian or as a Vegan, Chana Masala has been a versatile dish overall. It is a chickpea dish with lots of flavours and spices. It is not only healthy but finger licking, easy and quick dish that goes a long way. If you also want to try this, do as directed below.
Ingredients to make mouth-watering Chana Masala:-
- tinned chickpeas
- cumin seeds
- mustard seeds
- dried red chilli
- small onion
- curry leaves
- garlic cloves
- coriander-cumin powder (or half of each)
- chilli powder
- ground turmeric
- tomato puree
- tinned chopped tomatoes
- lemon juice
- fresh coriander
Guide to prepare this yummy Chana masala:-
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add in mustard seeds and cook until they start to pop. At this point, you want to add in your cumin seeds, cook them until they become fragrant.
- Mix in onions, curry leaves and dried red chilli. Cook until onions become translucent and slightly golden.
- Add in ground turmeric, chilli powder, salt and coriander-cumin powder.
- Pour in your tinned chopped tomatoes and tomato puree. Give it a good stir, then cover with a lid and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix in your tinned chickpeas, then cover with a lid and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour in the water, mix, bring to a boil and for a final time, cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Squeeze in lemon juice, add sugar and freshly chopped coriander.