Simple warm up exercises for athletic beginners
Warming up is one very important thing to perform any sport. It achieves this is by increasing the body’s core temperature, while also increasing the body’s muscle temperature. By increasing muscle temperature you’re helping to make the muscles loose, supple and pliable.
An effective warm up also has the effect of increasing both your heart rate and your respiratory rate. This increases blood flow, which in turn increases the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the working muscles.
- Jumping Jacks: go old school with total body warm up.
- Walking Knee Hugs: with each step, raise the knee up to hip height or higher and hug it with both arms.
- Arm Circles: make sure to go in both directions to warm up your shoulder joints.
- Side Shuffles: warm up your whole lower body and don’t forget to stay low.
- Backpedalling: focus on your balance and quick feet.
- Lunges: hit all the major muscles in the lower body.
- Squats: another great overall lower body warm up exercise.
- Leg Swings: warm up the hips and glutes with a forward swing as well as a lateral.
- Inchworms: a total body exercise that will warm you up from head to toe. From standing, bend forward so your hands slowly walk out to a push up position on the floor. Slowly begin to walk your feet towards your hands as much as you can while keeping your legs straight. Stand up and repeat.
- Karaoke: perform this activities slower at first to get form and then perform rapidly, once you feel comfortable
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *