POTATO BASED SNACK THAT MAKE YOUR DAY.
Potato-based snacks are widely available in India and are prepared for a variety of occasions. It is commonly modified or prepared as cutlets or patties, but it can also be created as a meat substitute with comparable characteristics and maybe taste. The potato lollipop dish, which is noted for its texture, crispiness, and spice, and savory combo taste, is one such meat replacement.
It’s the perfect balance of moistness and crispiness for a kid-friendly snack. If the sauce is too spicy for you or your children, you can completely skip it. This sauce is one of my favorites and I use it on almost all of my crispy snacks, but it isn’t required if you don’t want to.
Must try this recipe fond of potato-based snacks:
1. 3 potatoes (boiled & potato)
2. ½ onion (finely chopped)
3. 1 chilli (finely chopped)
4. 2 tbsp spring onion (chopped)
5. 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
6. ½ tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
7. ½ tsp garam masala
8. ¼ tsp cumin powder
9. 1 tsp chat masala
10. 1 tsp amchur
11. ½ tsp chilli flakes
12. ¼ tsp pepper powder
13. ½ tsp salt
14. ¼ cup breadcrumbs
15. 2 tbsp coriander (finely chopped)
i. 2 tbsp corn flour
ii. 2 tbsp maida / plain flour
iii. ¼ tsp chilli flakes
iv. ½ tsp salt
v. ½ cup water
vi. for the sauce:
vii. 2 tbsp oil
viii. 1 chilli (finely chopped)
ix. 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
x. 1-inch ginger (finely chopped)
xi. ½ onion (finely chopped)
xii. 2 tbsp tomato sauce
xiii. 2 tsp vinegar
xiv. 2 tsp soy sauce
xv. ½ tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
xvi. ¼ tsp salt
xvii. 1 tbsp cornflour
xviii. ½ cup water
xix. other ingredients:
xx. 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
xxi. oil (for deep frying)
1. In a large bowl take 3 potatoes, ½ onion, 1 chilli, 2 tbsp spring onion, and 1 tsp ginger garlic paste.
2. Add ½ tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp garam masala, ¼ tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp chaat masala, 1 tsp amchur, ½ tsp chilli flakes, ¼ tsp pepper powder, and ½ tsp salt.
3. Add ¼ cup breadcrumbs and 2 tbsp coriander. breadcrumbs help to bind the mixture.
4. Squeeze and mix well making sure everything is well combined.
5. Take ball sized mixture and shape it into ice cream sticks forming a lollipop. keep aside.
6. In a small bowl prepare corn flour slurry, by taking 2 tbsp corn flour, 2 tbsp maida, ¼ tsp chilli flakes, and ½ tsp salt.
7. Adding ½ cup water, prepare a smooth lump-free batter.
8. Dip the lollipop into corn flour slurry and then roll into bread crumbs. using panko bread crumbs helps to get a crispy lollipop.
9. Deep fry in hot oil, keeping the flame on medium.
10. Fry uniformly, until the lollipop turns golden brown and crunchy.
11. Drain off the aloo lollipop and keep aside.
12. To prepare sauce, in a large wok heat 2 tbsp oil and sauté 1 chilli, 1 clove garlic, 1-inch ginger, and ½ onion.
13. Now add 2 tbsp tomato sauce, 2 tsp vinegar, 2 tsp soy sauce, ½ tsp chilli powder, and ¼ tsp salt.
14. Stir fry until everything is well combined.
15. Now prepare a cornflower slurry by taking 1 tbsp corn flour and ½ cup water.
16. Mix well forming a smooth lump-free mixture.
17. Pour the corn flour slurry into the sauce and stir continuously.
18. Cook until the sauce thickens and turns glossy.
19. Just before serving, pour the sauce over the potato lollipop.
20. Finally, enjoy a potato lollipop garnished with few chopped spring onions.