Swimming can be your only form of fitness routine forever
Swimming can be a lot of fun and it can also help you burn off more calories than usual when you do it. Even though many people enjoy swimming for fitness reasons, they may not know how to do so safely. There are many more benefits to using swimming as part of your fitness routine. With all of the advantages that you can get from learning to swim, you will not want to be without the opportunity to do it. You may even find that it becomes your only form of exercise and you can use it for the rest of your life.
Types of swimming strokes:
- Free-style Stroke: (with flutter kicks) mainly work the deltoids, hips, quads and hamstrings.
- Butterfly Stroke: (with dolphin kick) focuses on the complete lower body, deltoids and chest muscles.
- Side Stroke: (with scissor kicks) mainly works the triceps, hips, quads and hamstrings.
- Back crawl: (with flutter kicks) emphasis on the deltoids, back, hips, quads and hamstrings.
- Breast Stroke: (with frog kick) mainly targets the chest, triceps and the complete lower body.
- Elementary Back Stroke: focuses on the deltoids and complete lower body.